- Gratitude is more than “feel good.” The is a science behind what happens to your body when you engage in feeling, expressing and being grateful. Take a moment to look about what gratitude can do for your physical health, well-being and mood. A daily practice of gratitude has long lasting implications for happiness, longevity, and health. Gratitude is an example of a positive state of mind that can reduce risk of depression. In terms of measurable health benefits, researchers maintain that gratitude fosters optimism, which has been shown to positively influence the immune system.
- Gratefulness increases happiness and life satisfaction.
- Grateful people are more resilient to stress.
- Grateful people get along better with others.
- Grateful people are less depressed.
- Grateful people achieve more.
- Grateful people are more helpful and generous.
Even a Single Act of Kindness Can Go a Long Way