- Are you awake to your own life?
- Are you living in the present vs. the past or future?
- Are you paying attention & honoring your friendships, love relationships?
- As Freud suggested, do you have balance in your work, love and play?
- What are you doing to enhance your happiness?
- What are the roadblocks to your happiness?
Take these questions and explore the inner dimensions of thought to understand and engage in thoughts and actions that enhance your happiness. Since life is precious, taking time to evaluate who and what is valuable to you is a good starting place. There is usually a direct correlation of your thankfulness and daily gratitude with happiness. Taking time each day either in the morning to start your day or end your day with a review of things you are grateful for is a good practice.
Researchers tell us that one of the most important elements of a longer life, a healthier existence and recovery from chronic illness, trauma or loss—–are loving supportive relationships. Shakespeare made this a declarative statement……in essence a choice. Do I chose to be happy or not? Why not? 2017 may be a time to break free to find and live a happier life.