Looking for solutions for life problems at times can be daunting. We all have our own set of blinders, unconscious “maps“ of the world that operate outside of our awareness. Uncovering or discovering what these very automatic reactions are operating is very difficult. Finding that proverbial needle in the haystack may be obvious to others, but hidden from our awareness. For example, there are some needles, that always seem to find us. We get stuck on many occasions with bad bosses, problems we can’t seem to solve, or relationships that just end up a repeat of feeling helpless or a victim. So, how do we sort out finding something very difficult that is causing us distress, fear, anger and holding us back?
Some ideas to consider are:
- Ask for feedback on how others view you or a situation
- Accept influence from others on new directions to consider to solve a problem
- Use a problem that continues to show up as an opportunity to make an emotional shift
- Begin to listen to your heart, not your head
- Notice if you are being defensive or rationalizing away the issue
- Quit making excuses
- Stop Blaming……….
So, according to the Cambridge Dictionary, searching the the needle is “something that is impossible or extremely difficult to find, especially because the area you have to search for is too large.“