The best “you” possible has many different elements. As you can see by the graph on the right, ensuring you are doing what you can to take control of your life will create a better “me.” Take time to enhance these essential aspects of your daily routines. For example,
- Give yourself positive affirmation for things you do well. Praise yourself, validate your good deeds and moments.
- Develop good “sleep hygiene” with regular bed time, rituals, and quieting moments prior to sleep.
- Take control of your schedule by saying “no”, cutting back on work, taking vacations and having fun.
- Work on relationship building, connection at work and energize yourself with positive challenges.
- Eating mindfully, examining your overall health, nutrition, weight, and exercise efforts will give you energy, enhance happiness, and longevity.
- Relax your mind and body. Meditation, massages, stress management and self-soothing activities will boost your immune system and invite health and well-being.
Do this elements seem daunting? If so, start small with low expectations. Get a coach, trainer, nutritionist, therapist to create goals and accountability. Start today!