Take the quiz:
Do you depend on sources outside yourself for meaning, identity and value?
Do you take care of other people’s pain and problems while ignoring your own?
Do you help others at your own expense or the expense of your family?
Do you say yes when you mean no?
Are you easily absorbed by the pain and problems of others?
Do you submerge yourself in fixing or rescuing needy people?
- Value yourself
- Take responsibility for your own destiny.
- Stop doing what doesn’t work.
- Develop your self-esteem.
- Accept others and don’t try to change them.
- Detach from the problems of others to focus on taking care of yourself.
____ Yes ___No