- the economy
- home foreclosures
- ad campaigns by pharmaceutical companies
Treatment for clinical depression requires a thorough evaluation by a qualified mental health professional. Some common symptoms include physical, behavioral and emotional components.
- sleep disturbance,
- changes in appetite,
- decreased energy and fatigue,
- digestive problems,
- loss of pleasure and interest in activities,
- difficulty remembering, concentrating
- problems making decisions,
- persistent empty mood, crying “for no reason”,
- feeling hopeless,
- irritable, anxious or agitated and
Lastly, if you are having thoughts of death or suicide, call for an appointment to see a therapist or psychiatrist immediately.
We can help get you to the right treatment, so call if these symptoms and feelings are present in your life. Antidepressants and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy are very effective in treating depression.