In a recent book, The Secrets of Resilient Leadership: When Failure Is Not an Option.Six Essential Characteristics for Leading in Adversity by by Ph.D. George S. Everly Jr.,Ph.D. Douglas A. Strouse,George S. Everly III, six essential principles of leadership are reviewed. They are as follows:
1) following the moral compass of integrity,
2) using the power of communication,
3) optimism, and the self-fulfilling prophecy,
4) taking responsibility for one’s actions,
5) building a resilient culture, and
6) honing physical health as a competitive advantage.
Take a moment to reflect on these principles to consider how successful you are at following these concepts in your job, marriage, family and health. Once you engage in actualizing these principles, your happiness will improve.